Siirry navigaatioon Siirry hakuun
|makeup ja make-up|
- muodostaa; olla osana kokonaisuudessa
- Women make up almost half of the labour force.
- All matter is made up of atoms.
- Nearly half of the parliament is made up of lawyers.
- make up one's mind – tehdä päätös, valita vaihtoehdoista
- She has a hard time making up her mind when she's shopping for clothes...
- Have you made up your mind about what you're going to study at uni?
- korvata, hyvittää
- How can I ever make it up to you?
- tasata; lisätä niin että tietty määrä tulee täyteen
- It's 50 cents short but you can make it up tomorrow.
- Make the liquid up to exactly 250 ml.
- keksiä, sepittää
- He was lying. He had made it all up.
- Don't be silly! It's all in your head: you're making things up.
- valmistaa, laittaa valmiiksi (jollekulle)
- The B&B hostess had made a bed up while we were having dinner.
- ehostaa, meikata
- It was time to start making up for her big night: the prom.
- She spent hours making herself up.
- sopia, tehdä sovinto
- Boys, stop fighting! Now, shake hands and make up!
- We had a quarrel but made it up in the evening.