• fi: Tämä paikka on suomenkielisen Wikisanakirjan (ja miksei muidenkin kielisten Wikisanakirjojen) yleisten asioiden käsittelyyn – muistathan aina allekirjoittaa viestisi neljällä tildellä (~~~~).
  • en: This is the community discussion page – please, always sign your comment with four tildes (~~~~). See also requests for bot flags.

Aloita keskustelu uudesta aiheesta

Invitation to attend “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” Sessions[muokkaa]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello all,

During the 2022 Wikimedia Summit, the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) presented the first outline of the Movement Charter, giving a glimpse on the direction of its future work, and the Charter itself. The MCDC then integrated the initial feedback collected during the Summit. Before proceeding with writing the Charter for the whole Movement, the MCDC wants to interact with community members and gather feedback on the drafts of the three sections: Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement). The Movement Charter drafts will be available on the Meta page here on November 14, 2022. Community wide consultation period on MC will take place from November 20 to December 18, 2022. Learn more about it here.

With the goal of ensuring that people are well informed to fully participate in the conversations and are empowered to contribute their perspective on the Movement Charter, three “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter" sessions have been scheduled in different time zones. Everyone in the Wikimedia Movement is invited to attend these conversations. The aim is to learn about Movement Charter - its goal, purpose, why it matters, and how it impacts your community. MCDC members will attend these sessions to answer your questions and hear community feedback.

The “Ask Me Anything” sessions accommodate communities from different time zones. Only the presentation of the session is recorded and shared afterwards, no recording of conversations. Below is the list of planned events:

  • Asia/Pacific: November 4, 2022 at 09:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Chinese and Japanese.
  • Europe/MENA/Sub Saharan Africa: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Arabic, French and Russian.
  • North and South America/ Western Europe: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Spanish and Portuguese.

On the Meta page you will find more details; Zoom links will be shared 48 hours ahead of the call.

Call for Movement Charter Ambassadors

Individuals or groups from all communities who wish to help include and start conversations in their communities on the Movement Charter are encouraged to become Movement Charter Ambassadors (MC Ambassadors). MC Ambassadors will carry out their own activities and get financial support for enabling conversations in their own languages. Regional facilitators from the Movement Strategy and Governance team are available to support applicants with MC Ambassadors grantmaking. If you are interested please sign up here. Should you have specific questions, please reach out to the MSG team via email: or on the MS forum.

We thank you for your time and participation.

On behalf of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee,

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 7. marraskuuta 2022 kello 15.33 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Apply for Funding through the Movement Strategy Community Engagement Package to Support Your Community[muokkaa]

Malline:More languages

The Wikimedia Movement Strategy implementation is a collaborative effort for all Wikimedians. Movement Strategy Implementation Grants support projects that take the current state of a Movement Strategy Initiative and push it one step forward. If you are looking for an example or some guide on how to engage your community further on Movement Strategy and the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants specifically, you may find this community engagement package helpful.

The goal of this community engagement package is to support more people to access the funding they might need for the implementation work. By becoming a recipient of this grant, you will be able to support other community members to develop further grant applications that fit with your local contexts to benefit your own communities. With this package, the hope is to break down language barriers and to ensure community members have needed information on Movement Strategy to connect with each other. Movement Strategy is a two-way exchange, we can always learn more from the experiences and knowledge of Wikimedians everywhere. We can train and support our peers by using this package, so more people can make use of this great funding opportunity.

If this information interests you or if you have any further thoughts or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as your regional facilitators to discuss further. We will be more than happy to support you. When you are ready, follow the steps on this page to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.

Best regards,
Movement Strategy and Governance Team
Wikimedia Foundation

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 14. marraskuuta 2022 kello 16.26 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Opportunities open for the Ombuds commission and the Case Review Committee[muokkaa]

Hi everyone! The Ombuds commission (OC) and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for members. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to do so. There is more information below about the opportunity and the skills that are needed.

About the Ombuds commission

The Ombuds commission (OC) works on all Wikimedia projects to investigate complaints about violations of the privacy policy, especially in use of CheckUser and Oversight (also known as Suppression) tools. The Commission mediates between the parties of the investigation and, when violations of the policies are identified, advises the Wikimedia Foundation on best handling. They may also assist the General Counsel, the Chief Executive Officer, or the Board of Trustees of the Foundation in these investigations when legally necessary. For more on the OC's duties and roles, see Ombuds commission on Meta-Wiki.

Volunteers serving in this role should be experienced Wikimedians, active on any project, who have previously used the CheckUser/Oversight tools OR who have the technical ability to understand these tools and the willingness to learn them. They must be able to communicate in English, the common language of the commission. They are expected to be able to engage neutrally in investigating these concerns and to know when to recuse when other roles and relationships may cause conflict. Commissioners will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

About the Case Review Committee

The Case Review Committee (CRC) reviews appeals of eligible Trust & Safety office actions. The CRC is a critical layer of oversight to ensure that Wikimedia Foundation office actions are fair and unbiased. They also make sure the Wikimedia Foundation doesn’t overstep established practices or boundaries. For more about the role, see Case Review Committee on Meta-Wiki.

We are looking for current or former functionaries and experienced volunteers with an interest in joining this group. Applicants must be fluent in English (additional languages are a strong plus) and willing to abide by the terms of the Committee charter. If the work resonates and you qualify, please apply. Committee members will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

Applying to join either of these groups

Members are required to sign the Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information and must be willing to comply with the appropriate Wikimedia Foundation board policies (such as the access to non-public information policy and the Foundation privacy policy). These positions requires a high degree of discretion and trust. Members must also be over 18 years of age.

If you are interested in serving in either capacity listed above, please write in English to the Trust and Safety team at ca(_AT_) (to apply to the OC) or to the Legal Team at legal(_AT_) (to apply to the CRC) with information about:

  • Your primary projects
  • Languages you speak/write
  • Any experience you have serving on committees, whether movement or non-movement
  • Your thoughts on what you could bring to the OC or CRC if appointed
  • Any experience you have with the Checkuser or Oversight tools (OC only)
  • Any other information you think is relevant

The deadline for applications is 31 December 2022 in any timezone.

Please feel free to pass this invitation along to any users who you think may be qualified and interested. Thank you!

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Community Wishlist Survey 2023 opens in January[muokkaa]

Please help translate to your language

(There is a translatable version of this message on MetaWiki)


The Community Wishlist Survey (CWS) 2023, which lets contributors propose and vote for tools and improvements, starts next month on Monday, 23 January 2023, at 18:00 UTC and will continue annually.

We are inviting you to share your ideas for technical improvements to our tools and platforms. Long experience in editing or technical skills is not required. If you have ever used our software and thought of an idea to improve it, this is the place to come share those ideas!

The dates for the phases of the Survey will be as follows:

  • Phase 1: Submit, discuss, and revise proposals – Monday, Jan 23, 2023 to Sunday, Feb 6, 2023
  • Phase 2: WMF/Community Tech reviews and organizes proposals – Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Friday, Feb 10, 2023
  • Phase 3: Vote on proposals – Friday, Feb 10, 2023 to Friday, Feb 24, 2023
  • Phase 4: Results posted – Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

If you want to start writing out your ideas ahead of the Survey, you can start thinking about your proposals and draft them in the CWS sandbox.

We are grateful to all who participated last year. See you in January 2023!

Kiitos! Community Tech, STei (WMF) 15. joulukuuta 2022 kello 16.44 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

TÄRKEÄÄ: Ylläpitäjien aktiivisuuden tarkastus[muokkaa]

Hei. Käytäntö koskien "edistyneiden käyttöoikeuksien" poistamista (ylläpitäjä, byrokraatti, käyttöliittymän ylläpitäjä jne.) otettiin käyttöön yhteisön konsensuksella vuonna 2013. Tämän käytännön mukaisesti ylivalvojat arvioivat ylläpitäjien aktiivisuutta wikeissä, joissa ei ole käytäntöä aktiivisuuden vähäisyydestä. Parhaan tietomme mukaan tässä wikissä ei ole muodollista prosessia "edistyneiden käyttöoikeuksien" poistamiseksi tunnuksilta, jotka eivät ole aktiivisia. Tämä tarkoittaa, että ylivalvojat huolehtivat asiasta ylläpitäjien aktiivisuuden arvioinnin nojalla.

Katsomme, että seuraavat käyttäjät ovat määritelmän mukaan passiivisia (ei muokkauksia eikä lokitapahtumia yli kahteen vuoteen):

  1. Chiumbo (ylläpitäjä, käyttöliittymän ylläpitäjä)

Nämä käyttäjät saavat pian ilmoituksen, jossa heitä pyydetään aloittamaan keskustelu yhteisössä, mikäli he haluavat säilyttää jonkin käyttöoikeutensa tai kaikki oikeudet. Jos käyttäjät eivät reagoi tähän viestiin, ylivalvojat poistavat heiltä edistyneet käyttöoikeudet.

Mikäli te yhteisönä haluatte laatia oman menetelmänne aktiivisuuden tutkimiseen, joka tulee järjestelmänlaajuisen käytännön tilalle, tai jos haluatte tehdä toisenlaisen ratkaisun koskien näitä passiivisia käyttöoikeuden haltijoita tai jos teillä on olemassa oleva käytäntö, jota emme ole huomanneet, ottakaa yhteyttä ylivalvojiin Meta-Wikissä. Näin saamme asiasta tiedon emmekä suorita jatkossa käyttöoikeuksien arviointia wikissänne. Kiitos, Stanglavine (keskustelu) 4. tammikuuta 2023 kello 10.30 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Global ban for PlanespotterA320/RespectCE[muokkaa]

Per the Global bans policy, I'm informing the project of this request for comment: m:Requests for comment/Global ban for PlanespotterA320 (2) about banning a member from your community. Thank you.--Lemonaka (talk) 21:40, 6 February 2023 (UTC)

Editing news 2023 #1[muokkaa]

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

This newsletter includes two key updates about the Editing team's work:

  1. The Editing team will finish adding new features to the Talk pages project and deploy it.
  2. They are beginning a new project, Edit check.

Talk pages project

Screenshot showing the talk page design changes that are currently available as beta features at all Wikimedia wikis. These features include information about the number of people and comments within each discussion.
Some of the upcoming changes

The Editing team is nearly finished with this first phase of the Talk pages project. Nearly all new features are available now in the Beta Feature for Keskustelutyökalut.

It will show information about how active a discussion is, such as the date of the most recent comment. There will soon be a new "Lisää aihe" button. You will be able to turn them off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion. Please tell them what you think.

Daily edit completion rate by test group: DiscussionTools (test group) and MobileFrontend overlay (control group)

An A/B test for Keskustelutyökalut on the mobile site has finished. Editors were more successful with Keskustelutyökalut. The Editing team is enabling these features for all editors on the mobile site.

New Project: Edit Check

The Editing team is beginning a project to help new editors of Wikipedia. It will help people identify some problems before they click "Julkaise muutokset". The first tool will encourage people to add references when they add new content. Please watch that page for more information. You can join a conference call on 3 March 2023 to learn more.

Whatamidoing (WMF) (keskustelu) 22. helmikuuta 2023 kello 23.25 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

eräs-sanan käytöstä[muokkaa]

"eräs syötäväksi kelpaava sienilaji" ei ole oikein hyvää suomea. Näin voi toki sanoa, ellei määritellä, mikä sienilaji on kyseessä. Tätä on wikisanakirjassa paljonkin. Nyt huomautan, että se on ikään kuin germaanisten kielten artikkelin korvikkeena. Se ei kuulu toivottavsti nykysuomeenkaan. Mielestäni jokin botti voisi poistaa ne määritelmistä. --Höyhens (keskustelu) 25. helmikuuta 2023 kello 19.46 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Mitäs vikaa siinä muka on? Kielitoimiston sanakirjan ensimmäisen määritelmän ensimmäinen käyttöesimerkki on "Labradorinnoutaja on eräs koirarotu.", joka on täysin analoginen mainitsemasi käytön kanssa. Mölli-Möllerö (keskustelu) 25. helmikuuta 2023 kello 21.10 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

"syötäväksi kelpaava sienilaji" olisi määritelmä sanalle ruokasieni. "Eräs" tarkoittaa että kyse on yhdestä lajista syötäväksi kelpaavia sieniä. --Mikko Paananen (keskustelu) 26. helmikuuta 2023 kello 08.54 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Niin syvään on meille iskostunut jo tämä "Yxi opettavainen tarina", joka on kömpelö käännös ruotsista. Parempi olisi "Opettavainen tarina", joka ei sulje pois etteikö opettavaisia trinoita voi olla muitakin. Mutta turhaan minä täällä yksistäni jäkytän, jos kerran suomen kieli on taantunut germaanisten kielten tasolle. Veikkaan, että seuraavaksi poistetaan partitiivi. --Höyhens (keskustelu) 26. helmikuuta 2023 kello 14.11 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Tuo eräs on varsin käyttökelpoinen määrite silloin, kun tarkkaa määritelmää ei ole helposti löydettävissä taikka se on liian laaja tai mutkikas sananselitykseksi. Mieluummin toki kannattaa selityksestä tehdä mahdollisimman ytimekäs ja täsmällinen; wiki-artikkeliin voi aina viitata, jos sellainen on olemassa, tai jos ei ole, niin senhän voi käydä itse tekemässä :)
Ihmiskäyttäjien arviointikykyyn luottaisin kyllä huomattavasti enemmän kuin bottiin varsinkin poistamisissa. --2001:999:680:DEF3:96B:8311:DEDE:F98C 20. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 15.26 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Your wiki will be in read only soon[muokkaa]

Trizek (WMF) (Keskustelu) 27. helmikuuta 2023 kello 21.21 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Mitenkäs mahdolliset merkittävyyskeskustelut?[muokkaa]

Tuli tässä mieleeni, että minusta Wikisanakirjaan voisi ottaa käyttöön merkittävyyskeskustelut tietynlaisia tapauksia varten. Mieleeni tulee esimerkiksi, jos tänne lisätään artikkeli jostakin kunnasta tai kaupungista, joka on siinä rajoilla, ansaitseeko artikkelin Wikisanakirjaan.
Jos mietitään, miten kauan sellaisen tulisi kestää, niin ehdotan 10 päivää, koska täällä poistoäänestys on 28 päivää ja se on pidempi kuin Wikipediassa (Wikipediassa 14 päivää), koska Wikipediassa on enemmän muokkaajia ja näin myös hyvin todennäköisesti enemmän osallistujia ja äänestykset huomataan siellä nopeammin, mutta kun täällä on vähemmän muokkaajia, äänestykset ja mahdolliset keskustelut huomataan yleensä hitaammin ja jos suhteutetaan merkittävyyskeskustelun kestoon Wikipediassa, jossa se on vähintään 3 päivää, niin siksi ehdotan Wikisanakirjaan 10 päivän kestoa merkittävyyskeskusteluille, jos niitä otetaan käyttöön. Mitä mieltä ovat muutamat aktiivit? @Hunsvotti, Mölli-Möllerö, Mikko Paananen, Puisque, Jouluntähti: @Ajatusviiva, Päivittäjä täti, Puppe100, Nitraus: --Sentree (Keskustele) 5. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 00.03 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Miten tämä siis eroaisi poistoäänestyksestä? Eri aiheista voi myös avata keskustelun Mikä kuuluu Wikisanakirjaan -sivulle. —Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 5. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 17.19 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]
Silleen se eroaisi, että kyseessä ei olisi täsmälleen sama asia kuin poistoäänestys. Merkittävyyskeskustelu käydään Wikipediassa usein ensin ja sitten vasta mahdollinen poistoäänestys. Joskus poistoäänestystä ei ole tarvittu ollenkaan, kun merkittävyyskeskustelusta on tullut yksimielisyys. (Suurin piirtein kaikki kannattaneet tai vaihtoehtoisesti vastustaneet poistoa.) On toki poikkeuksia, joissa on aloitettu suoraan poistoäänestys.
Myös siten ne eroaisivat, että merkittävyyskeskustelu ja poistokeskustelu käytäisiin artikkelin keskustelusivulla, kun taas poistoäänestystä varten pystytetään erillinen sivu. Toki en tiedä, kuinka paljon Wikipedian puolella sitten on sellaisia turhia päällekkäisiä keskusteluja/äänestyksiä.
Keskusteluissa myöskään ei äänestetä toisin kuin äänestyksissä. Keskusteluissa yritetään löytää konsensus keskustelemalla, kun taas äänestyksessä äänestetään ja se on enemmän mustaa valkoisella. Siten ne eroaisivat myöskin.--Sentree (Keskustele) 5. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 18.35 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]
En osaa sanoa, onko merkittävyyskeskusteluille täällä tarvetta, mutta en ainakaan vastusta niitä. Esittämäsi kesto kuulostaa sopivalta.--Puppe100 (keskustelu) 7. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 10.32 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Tarvitaanko noihin jotain aikarajaa. Jos sanaa ei käytetä, se poistetaan, mutta jos se löytyy myöhemmin kirjoista ja kansista, tai se otetaan oikeasti käyttöön (esim. neologismi), se voidaan luoda uudelleen. --Mikko Paananen (keskustelu) 7. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 13.04 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Mielestäni merkittävyyskeskustelua ei tarvita juuri siksi, että käyttäjiä on vähän. Jos täällä käy kerran kuussa katsomassa kerkiää äänestämäänkin. Ei kannata monimutkaistaa kaikkea, mutta en asetu ehdottomasti poikkiteloin. --Höyhens (keskustelu) 11. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 11.17 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Eikö artikkelin keskustelusivu ole sopiva paikka keskustella kaikesta artikkeliin liittyvästä, myös merkittävyydestä? Ei kai siinä sen kummempaa sitovuutta tarvita kuin että jos katsotaan, että säilytetään, niin sitten säilytetään, ja muuten laitetaan poistoäänestykseen? --2001:999:680:DEF3:96B:8311:DEDE:F98C 20. maaliskuuta 2023 kello 20.52 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions[muokkaa]

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Wikissäsi on pian muokkauskatkos[muokkaa]

MediaWiki message delivery 21. huhtikuuta 2023 kello 00.41 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[muokkaa]


As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject(_AT_) by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 26. huhtikuuta 2023 kello 19.01 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Global ban proposal for Leonardo José Raimundo[muokkaa]

Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language There is an on-going discussion about a proposal that Leonardo José Raimundo be globally banned from editing all Wikimedia projects. You are invited to participate at Requests for comment/Global ban for Leonardo José Raimundo on Meta-Wiki. Kiitos! Elton (keskustelu) 26. toukokuuta 2023 kello 00.59 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

As a result of m:Requests for comment/Global ban for Leonardo José Raimundo, Leonardo José Raimundo has been banned from all Wikimedia projects. --AntiCompositeNumber (keskustelu) 8. kesäkuuta 2023 kello 02.11 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Selection of the U4C Building Committee[muokkaa]

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 27. toukokuuta 2023 kello 04.21 (UTC)



Miksi tässä sanakirjassa ei ole keskustelusivujen yhteydessä tervetulotoivotusta kuten Wikipediassa on? --Aguilus (keskustelu) 29. toukokuuta 2023 kello 07.32 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

"4. infinitiivi" ja "5. infinitiivi"[muokkaa]

Minusta näistä vanhojen kielioppien käyttämistä termeistä olisi syytä luopua. Toisin kuin muut infinitiivimuodot, näiden käyttö vaatii apuverbiksi juuri verbin olla (jos "neljännen infinitiivin" käyttöä kestoa vahvistavan ilmauksen esim. "kasvaa kasvamistaan" yhteydessä ei lasketa). Iso suomen kielioppi esittää juuri tähän yhtyen, että suomessa on vain kolme infinitiiviä.

Minusta siis "4. infinitiivi verbistä ..." -määritelmät tulisi poistaa ja korvata ilmaisulla "teonnimi verbistä ...", jos sellaista ei sanan kohdalla jo ole. Teonnimet voisivat minusta olla myös kiistatta substantiiveja eikä verbimuotoja, samaan tapaan kuin ominaisuudennimetkin (esim. kalliskalleus, suomensukuinensuomensukuisuus), mutta myönnän myös, että ne voidaan enemmänkin rinnastaa partisiippeihin. "5. infinitiivi" sen sijaan on ISK:n mukaan adverbiaali, jota jotkut lähteet (esim. [1]) kutsuvat "proksimatiiviksi". Molemmat muodot voitaisiin silti yhä näyttää verbitaivutustaulukoissa, tosin teonnimen partitiivimuotoa ei olisi syytä esittää erikseen. — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 20. kesäkuuta 2023 kello 18.56 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

-minen-sanat voisi ainakin muuttaa substantiiveiksi. Tulisiko 5. infinitiiville sitten otsikoksi adverbiaali? --Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 19. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 19.08 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]
Siitä on hankala sanoa. Pitäisin sitä itse yhä verbimuotona enkä johdoksena, jolloin luultavasti otsikoksi jäisi Verbi. — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 19. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 21.25 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Yhteenvetona muutokset:

  • fi-verbi-taiv:
    • 4. ja 5. infinitiivi säilyy taulukossa
    • 4. inf. partitiivi pois
  • artikkelipohja/tm/*/v/4.inf.nom-artikkelipohjassa:
    • Verbi → Substantiivi
    • tekstiksi ”teonnimi verbistä X”
  • malline 5.inf:
    • siirretään nimelle taivm-proksimatiivi
    • tekstiksi esim. ”proksimatiivin yksikön ja monikon 3. persoonan muoto verbistä X”
  • olemassa olevilla sivuilla:
    • malline 4.inf.nom korvataan tekstillä ”teonnimi verbistä X”
    • otsikko Verbi → Substantiivi
    • yhdistetään mahdolliset tuplaosiot
  • -minen-sanat johdoksiin

Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 29. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 15.57 (UTC) (Muokattu: Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 23. syyskuuta 2023 kello 22.31 (UTC))Vastaa[vastaa]

Vaikuttaa ainakin minusta oikein hyviltä muutoksilta. — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 1. elokuuta 2023 kello 13.33 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Näitä voi sitten ruveta muuttamaan. --Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 26. elokuuta 2023 kello 17.44 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Toinen vaihtoehto voisi olla, että pidetään 5. infinitiivi -nimi ja mainitaan 4. infinitiivi taulukoissa, muttei artikkeleissa (joissa olisi pelkästään siis teonnimi). "proksimatiivi"-termi on sinänsä hyvä, mutta sitä ei näemmä oikein juuri käytetä. Jotkin lähteet käyttävät termiä "propinkvatiivi" (esim. Hakulisen SKRK). — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 17. syyskuuta 2023 kello 11.36 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Tämä kuulostaa lukijan kannalta järkevältä. Vaikka olisivatkin peräisin arvovaltaiselta taholta, tuollaiset proksimatiivit ja propinkvatiivit vain hämmentävät kielioppiin syventymätöntä lukijaa, koska eivät ole kovinkaan yleisessä käytössä. --2001:999:40C:9999:B289:4217:9473:BB51 17. syyskuuta 2023 kello 14.28 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Announcing the new Elections Committee members[muokkaa]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello there,

We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.

Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,

RamzyM (WMF) 28. kesäkuuta 2023 kello 18.00 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Sisällön tuominen englanninkielisestä Wikisanakirjasta[muokkaa]

Luokka:Suomen sanat perusteella täällä on tällä hetkellä 105 561 suomen hakusanaa, kun taas englanninkielisessä versiossa (en:Category:Finnish lemmas) on 156 795 hakusanaa. Saattaisi siis olla järkevää, että sieltä voitaisiin tuoda jotain sisältöä. Määritelmiä ei tietenkään voida tuoda suoraan. mutta esim. sanaluokat, taivutusluokat, usein ääntämyksen ja yksinkertaiset etymologiat saisi helposti tuotua niin, että täällä pitäisi vain täyttää määritelmä. Mahdollisesti myös olemassaoleviin sanoihin täällä voitaisiin tuoda tuota samaa sisältöä.

Kuulostaisiko järkevältä ajatukselta? Voin vastata botin toteutuksesta. Voisi olla esimerkiksi hyvä ajatus, että tuodut artikkelit menisivät jonnekin luokan Luokka:Määritelmä puuttuu alaluokkaan eikä siihen itseensä, esim. "Luokka:Määritelmä puuttuu/tuodut". — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 17. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 06.23 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Mielestäni voi tuoda, jos sivulle tulee vähintään yksi seuraavista:
  • määritelmä,
  • etymologia (muu kuin yhdyssana tai johdos),
  • vähintään yksi käännös,
  • huomautus käytöstä tms.,
(ääntäminen vain jos siinä on jotakin erityistä) eli lyhyesti sivulla pitäisi olla jotakin ei-triviaalia sisältöä. Liian monta sisällötöntä sivua on turhauttavaa lukijalle. Käännösboksit olisi hyvä lisätä valmiiksi. --Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 19. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 19.04 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]
Yhdyssana-/johdosetymologiat eivät kelpaa? En tosiaan ajatellut kylliksi lukijan näkökulmasta. Ajatuksenani oli enemmänkin helpottaa Wikisanakirjaan sana-artikkeleita kirjoittavia ettei tarvitse yksin tyhjästä säätää etymologiaa ja ääntämystä ja sen semmoista. Englanninkielisessä versiossa etymologiat ja ääntämykset yleensä kelpuutetaan kaikille sanoille, sellaisillekin joissa ei ole mitään erityistä, mutta ymmärrän jos täällä on toisin. — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 19. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 21.25 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]
Tarkoitin, että jos yhdyssana- tai johdosetymologia tai ääntäminen on ainoa asia sivulla. Jos lukija esim. etsii sanaa lautakunta ja sivulla lukee vain ”yhdyssana sanoista lauta ja kunta”, on se luultavasti pettymys ja lähinnä arsyttää. Mukana voisi tuoda ainakin eri merkitykset (eri määritelmäkohdat) ja niiden englanninkieliset käännökset. -- Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 20. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 18.19 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]
Äh, niin tietenkin. Käännösten tuominen saattaisi olla mahdollista joillekin artikkeleille, mutten ole täysin varma siitä, kuinka suurelle osalle. Yhdyn siihen, että lukijaa turhauttaisi liikaa, jos sanakirja on täynnä raakileita. Saattaakin ehkä olla aluksi järkevää miettiä, voisiko sisältöä tuoda jo olemassa oleviin artikkeleihin, ja ehkä myös harkita että miten sisällön tuontia voisi jotenkin jouduttaa muuten kuin luomalla tynkiä automaattisesti. — SURJECTION / K / M / L / 20. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 20.56 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Deploying the Phonos in-line audio player to your Wiki[muokkaa]


Apologies if this message is not in your language, ⧼Please help translate⧽ to your language.

This wiki will soon be able to use the inline audio player implemented by the Phonos extension. This is part of fulfilling a wishlist proposal of providing audio links that play on click.

With the inline audio player, you can add text-to-speech audio snippets to wiki pages by simply using a tag:

<phonos file="audio file" label="Listen"/>

The above tag will show the text next to a speaker icon, and clicking on it will play the audio instantly without taking you to another page. A common example where you can use this feature is in adding pronunciation to words as illustrated on the English Wiktionary below.

{{audio|en|En-uk-English.oga|Audio (UK)}}

Could become:

<phonos file="En-uk-English.oga" label="Audio (UK)"/>

The inline audio player will be available in your wiki in 2 weeks time; in the meantime, we would like you to read about the features and give us feedback or ask questions about it in this talk page.

Thank you!

UOzurumba (WMF), on behalf of the Foundation's Language team

27. heinäkuuta 2023 kello 02.26 (UTC)

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[muokkaa]

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.


RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 28. elokuuta 2023 kello 15.35 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Wikissäsi on pian muokkauskatkos[muokkaa]

Trizek_(WMF) (talk) 15. syyskuuta 2023 kello 09.23 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

== Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee ==[muokkaa]

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

~ Keegan (WMF) (talk) 9. lokakuuta 2023 kello 16.42 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Review and comment on the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package[muokkaa]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

Please review and comment on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package from now until 29 October 2023. The selection rules package was based on older versions by the Elections Committee and will be used in the 2024 Board of Trustees selection. Providing your comments now will help them provide a smoother, better Board selection process. More on the Meta-wiki page.


Katie Chan
Chair of the Elections Committee

17. lokakuuta 2023 kello 01.13 (UTC)

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in three weeks?[muokkaa]

Read this in your languagePlease help translate to your language • Please tell other users about these changes

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

Järjestelmänlaajuiset asetukset

If you prefer keeping the current skin select "Vector legacy (2010)" on the appearance tab of the global preferences and save the change. We encourage you to give the new skin a try, though.

Since I last came to you with this question, many things have changed. The skin is now the default on most Wikipedias, and all logos are done! We have also made some tweaks in the skin itself. Below is the text I've sent to you once, but I'm sending it again, just slightly edited, for those who haven't seen it.

If you know what this is about, jump straight to the section "Our plan":

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy as a local (but not global) preference. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skin. No changes are expected for these skins.

About the skin[muokkaa]

Slides to our Wikimania 2022 presentation. You may also listen to the recording on YouTube (in English).

[Why is a change necessary] When the current default skin was created, it reflected the needs of the readers and editors as these were 14 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using the Internet and Wikimedia projects in different ways. The old Vector does not meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the Vector 2022 skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It introduces a series of changes that aim to improve problems new and existing readers and editors were having with the old skin. It draws inspiration from previous user requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. The PHP code in the other available skins has been reduced by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes in a nutshell] The skin introduces changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The limited width and pin-able menus allow to adjust the interface to the screen size, and focus on editing or reading. Logged-in and logged-out users may use a toggle button to keep the full width, though.
  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jump to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the tested wikis.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Customize this skin] It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out the repository for a list of currently available customizations and changes, or add your own.

Our plan[muokkaa]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on 14 November. If you'd like to ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please comment in any language. If this is the first comment to my message, make sure to ping me. We will gladly answer! Also, check out our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (keskustelu) 26. lokakuuta 2023 kello 01.09 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Hei, the change will be done later today. Please ping me or write on my talk page if you have any comments! Kiitos. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (keskustelu) 29. marraskuuta 2023 kello 16.53 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Kielikorva ei riitä[muokkaa]

Muutinko tämän sanan väärin? [2] --Höyhens (keskustelu) 25. marraskuuta 2023 kello 15.02 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]

Väärinkäyttösuodatin narsismiaiheisille esimerkeille?[muokkaa]

Yksi käyttäjä (viimeisin IP Käyttäjä:, jonka uskon olevan olevan Hartz (keskustelu · muokkaukset) samanlaisten muokkausten perusteella) lisää jatkuvasti aiheeseen liittymättömiin sanoihin narsismi-aiheisia esimerkkejä. Ehdotan väärinkäyttösuodattimen asettamista estämään muokkaukset. Osa muokkauksista on ihan hyviäkin, mutta Wikisanakirjasta uhkaa tulla monomaanien temmellyskenttä. — Hunsvotti (keskustelu) 29. marraskuuta 2023 kello 07.26 (UTC)Vastaa[vastaa]