Siirry navigaatioon Siirry hakuun
- viedä pois
- The waitress took our plates away and brought us the desert.
- ottaa pois
- I will not have my property taken away from me!
- I don't like my job to take me away from my family too much.
- viedä mukanaan jonnekin (kauas)
- He took the children away to his home country and never returned.
- My parents came down to see me in New York City and took me away to Maine. Up there where I was born.
- They were kidnapped and taken away in a dark van.
- saada irti jostakin (kuten luennosta jms.)
- I'm not sure how much the students were able to take away from my lecture.
- viedä vankilaan, mielisairaalaan tms.
- And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa / They're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee ha haaa / To the funny farm / Where life is beautiful all the time / And I'll be happy to see those nice young men / In their clean white coats / And they're coming to take me away ha haaa... (Napoleon XIV)
- That would take away the justification of this policy.
- That took away my appetite completely.
- vähentää (luku, määrä)
- Take it away! – "Anna palaa!", kehotus aloittaa (esitys)
- We have a controversial band here tonight—take it away: the Sex Pistols...
- take (somebody's) breath away – häkellyttää, ällistyttää; saada haukkomaan henkeään (ihastuksesta jms.)
- The view just took my breath away!