- ahdistunut, levoton, huolestunut
- We were anxious for the safety of our children.
- ahdistava, levottomuutta aiheuttava
- The period of her illness was anxious for all of us.
- kärkäs, halukas, innokas (johonkin)
- I was anxious to know more about him.
- We were anxious to go to Italy, we were really looking forward to it.
- an anxious midfield player
- hyvin huolehtivainen (jonkin suhteen)
- He was always very anxious about avoiding any trouble.
- My parents are anxious that I get a good education.