Siirry navigaatioon Siirry hakuun
- ottaa haltuunsa, vallata, valloittaa
- Islamic militants have taken over the city.
- Eastern Poland was taken over by the Soviet Union.
- The paper mill was taken over by a multinational giant.
- This is my business! I will never allow anyone to take it over!
- Squatters took the old, run-down house over and fixed it.
- Students took over university buildings in protest.
- Grief has taken her over.
- jatkaa työssä tai tehtävässä jonkun jälkeen t. tilalla
- I can take over cooking while you walk the dog.
- She took over from him as foreign minister in chaotic circumstances.
- tulla jonkin tilalle
- CDs took quickly over from vinyl records.
- ottaa nimiinsä (velat)
- He was lucky. His rich parents took his debts over.
- take someone/something over to a place or person – kantaa t. viedä; viedä yli t. opastaa perille, viedä jonkun luokse
- Can you take us over by boat?
- The lady took two huge bottles over to the table.
- take time/trouble/care over something – tehdä jotain huolella, ajan kanssa, perin pohjin t. vaivaa nähden
- I took time and trouble over finding exactly the kind of house I wanted.
- She took time over dressing up and putting on her makeup for the prom.