- tuoda t. panna pöytään, laittaa eteen, tarjoilla
- The waiter put the main course before us.
- I'm not picky. I eat what's put before me.
- esittää jotain virallisesti jollekin t. jollekulle
- The Finnish delegation was unable to put the Great Petition before Nicolas II as he refused to receive them.
- The evidence was put before the jury.
- asettaa jotain jonkin muun edelle, pitää tärkeämpänä, suosia
- More and more people refuse to put work before their family.
- He always put his daughter before his two sons.